WordCamp is all about having speakers talk about different things regarding WordPress. We are putting out a “call for speakers” for WordCamp Mumbai 2015.
Since we are not planning to host separate tracks simultaneously, it would mean we need to have more crisper, shorter speaker sessions this time around. We also want to encourage local languages and would love to have a speaker session in Marathi, the local language of Mumbai.
The speaker registrations will close on the
15th 25th January 2015 or earlier if we fill-up all speaker slots.
Before applying do go through our guidelines and fill out the form below.
- The speakers sessions will have to be on topics that are related to WordPress. This is a no-brainer but diverging a little off WordPress sometimes when you take questions is fine, but the core of your talk must be related to WordPress.
- As a speaker, you should have a decent level of expertise over the topic of your session. Speakers should be ready to take questions during the talk at times and obviously after the talk is over.
- Speaker sessions are planned to run 20 minutes and then a 10 minute Q&A.
- We expect our speakers to be contributors to WordPress community. This means we expect them to pay for their own travel and stay. This is a speaker’s way of contributing to the WordCamp.
- We also expect our speakers to be participants at the WordCamp. This means speakers will need to ideally be around for more than just their own session.
All speakers, participants, organizers and volunteers are all expected to follow the Code of Conduct at WordCamps.
What happens after you fill in the form:
- As soon as we get an application, you will receive a first communication asking for more details of your speakers sessions.
- A volunteer team will discuss each speaker application decide to either reject or get more information from the speaker if needed.
- Initially a speaker will be informally confirmed. Only after the speaker sends out a full draft and scope of the session along with a time frame, will their name go up on the official speaker list.
Speaker applications are now closed.